THERMOMIX STICKY MACADAMIA MUFFINS
Got a Thermomix? Lucky you! Here’s an easy and delicious recipe from Thermomix Queen, Jo from Quirky Cooking.
Makes 12 Large Muffins
Preheat oven to 180C. Generously butter (or oil) a 12-cup muffin pan (or madeleine tin).
1. Chop macadamias on speed 4 for a couple of seconds, just until roughly chopped:
- 70g raw macadamias
Remove to a bowl.
2. To make the caramel mixture, melt in thermomix at 100C for 2 minutes at speed 1, or until just melted and combined:
- 3 tbsp rapadura
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut cream
3. Spoon 1 tablespoon of caramel mixture into each muffin cup. Add a sprinkling of chopped macadamias, and set aside.
4. Add all remaining ingredients to thermomix bowl and mix on speed 4 for 6 seconds; scrape down sides of bowl and mix for another 5 seconds on speed 3 to combine.
- 130g raw macadamias
- 110g macadamia oil
- 80g rapadura
- 80g spelt flour (or gluten free or almond flour)
- 3 large eggs (55-60g each)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
5. Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes at 180C, or until skewer poked into centre of muffins comes out clean.