CHRISTMAS PUDDING ICECREAM
THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE RE-INVENTS THE TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS PUDDING FOR AN AUSTRALIAN SUMMER…
DO THE HONOURS
DESIGN & LAYOUT BY:
INGREDIENTS600ml thickened cream 375g crème fraîche 2 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp each ground cloves and finely grated nutmeg 1 vanilla bean, scraped seeds only 250g Christmas pudding, coarsely crumbled 30ml sweet sherry 9 egg yolks 250g raw caster sugar 100g glacé apricot, finely chopped
1. Whisk cream, crème fraîche, spices and vanilla seeds in an electric mixer until soft peaks form (2-3 minutes), transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until required.
2. Place Christmas pudding on a tray, drizzle with 30ml sherry and set aside.
3. Whisk yolks, sugar and remaining brandy in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until thick and pale (4-5 minutes), transfer to an electric mixer and whisk until cool (2-3 minutes).
4. Fold in cream mixture, then fold in soaked Christmas pudding and glacé apricot, transfer to a 2½ litre-capacity container.
5. Freeze until firm (6 hours-overnight).